Lemon Broccoli Pasta – An easy Sunday dinner idea for you! This is an easily adaptable recipe, feel free to add whatever veggies and protein you like!
- 8 ounces dry linguini pasta (half of a standard 16 ounce package)
- 2 cups broccoli (heads only), cut into smaller florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup reserved cooked pasta water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, (gives a cheesy flavor!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- chili flakes, amount as desired
- salt and pepper, to taste
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the water. Steam the broccoli for 2-4 minutes until tender. Set aside.
2) Add the linguini to the pot of boiling water and cook according to directions.
3) While the pasta cooks, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and heat for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic has become fragrant.
4) Next, add the white wine and lemon zest to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the reserved pasta water. Reduce heat to low.
5) Once cooked, drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Toss in the broccoli, nutritional yeast, parsley, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt. Toss well.
Recipe by @projectsunny