Oven baked chicken and rice. A one pan, baked Chicken and Rice recipe, made entirely in the oven! The rice is outrageously delicious from one little trick that makes all the Boneless skinless thigh fillets or breast – put the rice in the oven covered with foil WITHOUT chicken. Baked Chicken and Rice may not sound like the most exciting recipe in your arsenal but this may be one you come back to time and time again (we do).
This has captured the hearts of readers all around the world. Baked chicken and rice is one of the ultimate comfort foods, and this recipe is a one-pot wonder. With bone-in chicken thighs and long-grain rice mixed with onions, garlic, and spices, this is a flavorful meal that’s big It all goes into the oven, and the chicken and rice cook all at the same time in a single pot. You can cook Oven baked chicken and rice using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven baked chicken and rice
- It’s 6 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 cups of long grain rice.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of tb.s. butter.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of t.s. paprica.
- You need 1/2 of t.s. onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of t.s. dried powder.
- Prepare 1 of t.s. dried thyme.
- You need 1 of t.s. salt.
Your oven baked chicken and rice is ready to eat! Step by step recipe instructions for oven baked chicken and rice complete with photographs and reader comments and discussion. A few years ago, my friend Margaret gave me an easy recipe for baked chicken and rice. This is a tasty meal that requires very little preparation.
Oven baked chicken and rice step by step
- Preheat oven to 190C. Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish, then place butter in the centre. Bake for 12-15 minutes after butter melts. Meanwhile, mix together paprica, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and salt. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken. Remove baking dish from the oven. Add rice then mix..
- Place chicken on rice. Then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken. Cover with foil, then bake for 40 minutes at 210 C. Remove foil then bake for a further 20 minutes. Let it cool down a little. Then remove chicken and fluff up rice..
- Video where I cook this: https://youtu.be/2-uuni1_NGI?sub_confirmation=1.
Fork tender chicken thighs baked with fluffy and flavorful rice. Sauteed chicken and mushrooms baked with rice and carrots and peppers, the combination of flavors is amazing. The rice is fluffy and not mushy, comes out perfect every time. Instead of doing the water mixture on the stove, I just put it all in my baking dish (minus the rice) and stuck it in the microwave til everything was I usually use chicken broth and that’s it, no butter and no salt since the chicken broth has salt. Add rice, onion, broth, and soup and stir until combined.