Coffee Cake Banana Bread is sure to be a new favourite! This classic banana bread recipe is topped with a sweet crumb topping making it a cross between a quick bread and coffee cake!
This classic banana bread recipe is topped with a sweet crumb topping making it a cross between a quick bread and coffee cake! Coffee Cake Banana Bread makes the most delicious treat (and best banana bread recipe), and it’s such an easy banana bread recipe!
- 3-4 medium or large bananas
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- Two eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sour cream or Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease two 8×4 pans.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and beat until mixed.
- To the wet ingredients, sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until just combined. Add in sour cream and stir.
- Pour in mashed bananas, and mix until combined.
- Combine cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter, and mix until the topping looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle coating evenly over the batter in both pans.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes. Move to a wire cooling rack.
- Slice and enjoy!
Source this recipes