Sweet Potato Pizza
For the base:
- 500 g sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cups oat flour
- For the filling:
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a few basil leaves
- 60 g vegan mozzarella sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- 2. Cook the sweet potato in a steamer for 20 minutes or boil the potato until soft.
- 3. Transfer the soft sweet potato to a mixing bowl and mash. Then add oat flour and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- 4. Prepare a little water in a small bowl and use it to wet your hands, then shape the sweet potato dough into a ball and place it on the lined baking tray. Dipping your hands in the water will make it easier to shape the dough without it sticking to your hands.
- 5. Shape the dough into a circle roughly 0.5cm thick and smooth it out around the edges.
- 6. Bake the dough in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes.
- 7. Meanwhile, prepare the toppings by mixing together the onion, pepper, mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, italian herbs, chilli flakes and olive oil until the veggies are fully coated in the seasoning.
- 8. Once the dough has finished baking, remove from the oven and spread the tomato puree on top followed by a layer of spinach. Then, start layering the veggies on the pizza.
- 9. Finish with slices of vegan mozzarella, some basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 10. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
Recipes by @sovegan