Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
Here’s The Details of Recipe:
Oven Baked Chicken and Rice – Simple Oven Baked Chicken And Rice With Garlic Butter Mushrooms blended through is victor of a chicken supper! Chicken thighs heat over rich, garlicky, delicate and delicate rice with fresh edges. ALL the chicken flavors prepare directly in! Supper doesn’t get any simpler!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 6 people Calories: 513kcal Author: Karina
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, bone in or out
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 cups long grain white rice
For Mushrooms (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces (400g) button mushrooms quartered
- 1/4 cup chives, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F | 180°C.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the olive oil, parsley, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and coat each piece evenly with the seasoning. Set aside, allowing the flavours to absorb into the meat.
- Spray a large baking dish (10-inch x 15-inch or 25 x 35 cm) with nonstick cooking oil spray. Add the onion, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, broth (or stock) and water into the dish. Stir well to combine. Then mix in the rice.
- Arrange thighs in the water over the rice, cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked right through to the bone. Change oven setting to broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the chicken and crisp rice.
- Remove chicken thighs, mix the rice through, then arrange the chicken back on top of the rice. Cover and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes to set all of the flavours in the hot dish. The rice will finish off cooking while resting.
- While chicken is resting, prepare mushrooms (OPTIONAL):
- Heat butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (30 seconds) and add mushrooms; cook until softened. Stir in 2 tablespoons of chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken onto a plate; fluff rice with forks,, then mix the mushrooms through the rice. Arrange chicken back onto the rice in the dish, garnish with remaining chives and chopped parsley. SERVE and enjoy!
- Bone-in chicken thighs bake in the same time as rice, which makes them the perfect cut of chicken for this recipe! They also guarantee juicy chicken pieces without drying out. There’s nothing worse than dry chicken!
- Skin-OFF thighs work so much better when compared to skin-ON thighs! During testing, we found leaving the skin-on resulted in gluggy, sticky and half raw rice. Too much chicken fat seeped into the rice while baking, which is NO BUENO.
- Chicken drumsticks can be used with skin on or off. Both work well.
- If you prefer using chicken breasts or boneless thigh fillets, add them in after 20 minutes baking time (allowing the rice to cook halfway first as they only need 20-30 minutes baking time).
- Arrange your chicken over the rice as the image above shows. We found chicken MUST be placed over the middle section of the rice to make sure the rice gets cooked. Leaving the middle uncovered resulted in a few raw grains. Also, no bueno.
- Long grain rice is the best rice to use and cooks evenly. Basmati rice or Jasmine rice can be substituted with the same liquid ratio and cooking time.
- Please do not use short grain rice, medium grain rice, risotto, paella or minute rice.
Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 1205mg | Potassium: 691mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Source: Oven Baked Chicken and Rice