Homemade Healthy Tagalongs – Make healthy Tagalongs at home with only 7 simple ingredients. We’re using almond flour cookies, peanut butter and melted chocolate chips to create a vegan and gluten-free version of this Girl Scout classic!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- about 7 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I like EnjoyLife dark chocolate morsels or Lily’s Sweets stevia sweetened chocolate chips)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt in a medium bowl. Scoop dough using a tablespoon and form into a round cookie shape, use your finger to create a small dent in the center of each cookie. Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-18 minutes, until cookies are slightly golden brown on the bottom. Let cool completely on the cookie sheet.
- Once cookies have cooled, add 1/2-1 teaspoon of peanut butter into the dent of each cookie and spread it a little over the top. Place cookies in the fridge or freezer for about 15-30 minutes to let the peanut butter harden up a bit.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in double boiler or in the microwave. For the microwave method, add chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute, stir and heat in 30 second increments until chocolate has melted.
- The peanut butter should be chilled at this point so you can remove cookies from the fridge/freezer and dip each into the melted chocolate, one by one. Use a fork to dip and remove the cookie from the chocolate, making sure to let the excess chocolate drip off before transferring back to the baking sheet lined with parchment. Place chocolate covered cookies in the fridge or freezer for about 15-20 minutes to let chocolate set. Enjoy right away and store any leftovers in the fridge until ready to eat.