Chipotle Potato Cheese Balls
7 medium Yukon potatoes, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp vegan butter (or olive oil)
3 Tbsp vegan chipotle sauce
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp paprika powder
salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in the potatoes and cook them until soft. Then drain the water, place them into a large bowl and mash together until smooth.
2. Add in the butter, chipotle sauce, parsley, paprika powder and salt and pepper, and combine everything with a spatula. Add in the flour and mix again.
3. Take a Tbsp of potato dough at a time, roll into a ball with your hands and form a small whole in the middle. Fill in vegan cheese, bring up the sides and shape into a ball again. Repeat until the dough is gone.
4. Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Roll each potato ball in breadcrumbs until covered, then place them onto the baking tray (at this point you can spray them with oil to make them extra crispy)
6. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, until crispy. Alternatively you can pan-fry them.
7. Let cool down a little and enjoy!