Vegan Cheddar and Chive Biscuits Recipe
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, plus additional for rolling
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt (Kosher or Table Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, very cold (8 tbsp)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 1 cup Vegan Cheddar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper; whisk well to combine.
- Add the vegan butter to the flour and using your fingertips rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is a coarse meal.
- Stir in the chives and vegan cheddar.
- Gradually add the almond milk stir with a fork just until a messy (sticky) ball is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and knead (with very floured hands) until the dough has been worked into a ball; about 6-7 times should do it. Don’t overwork the dough as they won’t rise well. Less kneading is better.
- Pat the ball down into a 1″ thick round, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many rounds as possible, re-rolling the scraps as needed. I like to fold the dough in half, then cut out the biscuits to create larger ones with more layers.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet bottom side up as it should be more flat. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.