Natural energy bars
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper. Spread out the oats, pumpkin seeds and almonds evenly on the tray, then roast for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
3. Meanwhile, blend the apricots, maple syrup and water together until smooth, then transfer to a mixing bowl. Next, add the buckwheat groats, raisins and cranberries to the mixing bowl.
4. Remove the baking tray from the oven and leave to cool, but make sure the oven remains switched on. Once cool, transfer the roasted oats, pumpkin seeds, and almonds to the large mixing bowl.
5. Line an 8” x 8” square cake tin with greaseproof paper before transferring the mixture into the tin. Smooth over the top using a piece of greaseproof paper, pushing down to make sure the mixture is compact. It’s important you press down as firmly as possible to ensure the mixture is compact, which will prevent the mixture falling apart when you slice them into bars.
6. Place the cake tin in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove the cake tin from the oven and leave the energy bars to cool completely.
8. Take the energy mix out of the cake tin and slice into 10 energy bars.
Recipes by @wearesovegan