- 2 Tbsp. olìve oìl
- 1 medìum onìon, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlìc, mìnced
- 4 tsp. chìlì powder
- 1 (16 oz.) bag of brown lentìls
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans no-salt dìced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (32 oz.) cartons vegetable stock or chìcken stock
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cìlantro
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Optìonal toppìngs: sour cream, cheddar cheese, croutons, tortìlla chìps, avocado
- In a large heavy duty dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and red bell pepper; saute the vegetables for 8 minutes or until soft and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic and chili powder; cook for 1 minute.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, bay leaf and stock. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaf.
- Transfer 3 cups of cooked chili into a food processor and process until pureed; add the pureed chili back into the remaining chili and stir to combine. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Stir in cilantro and serve.
Source this recipes www.littlebroken.com