How To Make Almond Milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- Strain soaked almonds and add to blender with dates, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt and fresh water. Blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Place nut milk bag over a big bowl, and pour half your almond milk blend into the bag. Squeeze to strain the milk. Continue squeezing until you can no longer milk anymore liquid.
- Remove “almond pulp” from nut milk bag, and pour 2nd half of blend into bag. (Save almond pulp for baking). Continue the process of squeezing as described in Step 2.
- Pour freshly squeezed milk back into blender (for easy transfer into a bottle). Transfer milk to air tight bottle and store in the fridge.
Source recipes @twospoons.ca