Crispy veggie spring rolls
- 1 package of spring rolls wrapper, thaw based on package instructions
- 4 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 cups of shredded purple cabbage
- 1 package firm tofu, cut into strips
- 8-10 caps mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt ~ oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
Place shredded cabbage in a big bowl, massage 1 teaspoon of salt with your fingers, set aside for 15 mins. Repeat with purple cabbage. In a heated nonstick pan, no oil with low-medium heat, pan fry tofu until golden brownand set aside.
Sauté mushrooms in 1 teaspoon oil and stir in 2 teaspoons soy sauce, turn heat off.
Squeeze cabbages to remove as much liquid as possible and get ready for wrapping😀
Slowly remove one sheet of wrapper and lay on a chopping board, the pointy side facing you, like a diamond.
How to (roll like a burrito):
- – Place cabbages, carrots, tofu and mushrooms on the bottom third of the wrapper.
- – Pick up the bottom (the side closest to you) of the wrapper up and over the filling, tucking in under and pull the filling closer together.
- – Then, pull the right side of the wrapper to the middle and left to the middle as well.
- – Roll until you see a small triangle shape, rub some cornstarch mixture and continue rolling until the end. Gently press the tip of the wrapper to seal it. .
- You may pan-fry/deep-fry spring rolls until golden brown or brush oil on spring rolls and bake them at 495F until crispy. Serve immediately with a side of lime chili sauce.
Source by @woon.heng