Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups!
They are stuffed with hummus, spinach, and mushrooms.
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- One small can mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) fresh spinach
- 360 g (1 1/2 cups) marinara sauce (*see notes)
- 6-8 lasagna noodles (regular or gluten-free)
- 400 g (1 2/3 cups) hummus
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
- A few tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 200 g (7 oz) vegan cheese
Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot (filled with boiling water and salt) according to package directions or until al dente. Ladle about 1/2 cup marinara sauce (or your favorite tomato sauce) in the bottom of a 9×6 (23×15 cm) baking dish (you can use a larger pan). Set aside.
While the lasagna noodles cook, heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add the diced onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute for about 4 minutes. Then add soy sauce and spinach. Cook for a further 30-60 seconds, then turn off the heat.
Add the hummus and stir with a spoon. Depending on the brand of your store-bought hummus, you might need to add more flavor. I added cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
Carefully drain the lasagna noodles and preheat your oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Lay cooked noodles on a clean surface and place about 1/4 cup of the hummus-mixture on each noodle and spread it evenly. Roll up each lasagna noodle and place it seam-side down in the baking dish.
Ladle the remaining 1 cup marinara sauce over the lasagna noodles. Add vegan cheese on top (I used my homemade vegan cheese sauce). Bake for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
Source this recipe here