Pumpkin Samosas with Cilantro Mint Chutney
Makes 14-15 samosas
Note: I used Store bought vegan Empanada Wrappers for quick version. (1 pack)
Skip the dough making part if you’re using pre-made wrappers as well.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon Salt
2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
1/2 cup hot Water
3 tbps of non dairy yogurt
one handful Sesame Seeds
1 medium size Butternut Squash (about 2 cups)
1 large red onion
5-6 fresh curry leaves (optional)
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
2 tsp of coconut or date sugar
3 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, combine flour, hot water, non dairy yogurt, and salt and kneed dough for 5 minutes until dough is smooth. cover and rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince onion and pumpkin. I used my food processor to mince all the filling ingredients coarsely. Mix with salt, pepper, cumin, sugar and oil.
- Divide the dough into 12-15 pieces. Make a ball, dust the surface lightly with flour and roll out each dough ball into 4-5 inch diameter. Repeat the process with each dough pieces. They don’t have to be perfectly round. Fill each dough with. 2 tbsp of pumpkin mixture and fold it in triangle. Watch my highlights for step step instructions. Fill all dough wrappers with the pumpkin filling.
- Line cookie trays with some parchment paper. Place the samosas with folder side down on the cookie tray. Brush each samosa with some almond or soy milk, sprinkle with some black sesame seeds and bake them for 30 min until top is golden brown. Enjoy
Source this recipe here