Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes With Cheese
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons flour or more depending on how creamy your potatoes are
- Oil or nonstick cooking spray, for frying
- Make potato cake batter: Stir the mashed potatoes, eggs, cheese and flour together in a large bowl. Start with 6 tablespoons of flour and add more if needed. You should end up with a slightly sticky, soft dough that can be shaped into disks.
- Shape cakes: With a cookie scoop, scoop out balls from the potato dough and flatten them into thick discs between damp hands. Making your hands slightly wet will prevent the dough from sticking to them.
- Cook cakes: Heat the oil or nonstick cooking spray in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place the potato cakes in the hot frying pan and cook them until golden brown on either side, about 3-5 minutes each. Serve hot.
- Don’t let the cakes stand for too long once their cooked, as they will lose their fluffiness. They are best eaten immediately.
This article and recipes adapted from this site