Grilled Herb and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 5 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (fresh, finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce pimentos (chopped, about half of a small 2-ounce jar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Wash mushrooms and cut off the stems. Reserve the caps, and finely chop the stems.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, mushroom stems, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse about 15 times. Do not overprocess. Stir in the chopped pimentos.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Once the grill is heated and right before mushrooms go onto the grill, oil the grill grates well.
- Brush the bottoms of the mushroom caps with olive oil and add a 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the inside of each cap. Place mushroom caps on the hot grill for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the mushroom caps from the grill, stuff each with the breadcrumb mixture, and top each with grated cheese.
- Return the mushroom caps to the grill and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Once the mushroom caps are cooked, remove them from the heat and let them stand for 5 minutes.
- Carefully cut the stuffed mushroom caps into quarters.
- Serve and enjoy.
Source this recipe here