Vegan Jackfruit BBQ. How to Make: Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pulled 'Pork' Sandwiches. It all starts with the BBQ sauce. You can absolutely use a different BBQ sauce here, but if you don't have a premade one on hand – this one is super easy to make in very little time!
Similar to my Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip, cooking the jackfruit first, gives it a different texture and flavor. In order for the jackfruit to get the right flavor and texture, my goal is for the jackfruit to absorb the flavors of the onions and BBQ sauce. The perfect vegan pulled pork substitute. You can have Vegan Jackfruit BBQ using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Jackfruit BBQ
- Prepare 1 Can of Young Green Jackfruit Drained.
- It’s 1 Cup of Smoky BBQ Sauce (Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe Coming Soon).
- Prepare 1/2 of of a Small Spanish Onion Diced.
- Prepare 1/4 of of a Red Bell Pepper Diced.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Lager (The Cheaper the Better).
- Prepare 1 of Very Small Pinch of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Hamburger Buns.
Can be gluten-free soy-free Once the sweet potatoes and jackfruit are cooked, remove from the oven. Mix through the remaining Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce with the jackfruit, then cut open the sweet potatoes. Top with the pulled BBQ jackfruit, avocado and coriander. This vegan bbq jackfruit burrito is guaranteed to satisfy.
Vegan Jackfruit BBQ step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat..
- Add in the diced onion and pepper and season with a very small pinch of salt and pepper. Remember that your BBQ sauce is very salty so you do not want to overdo it with the salt. It is just to get them to start sweating..
- Sauté the onion and pepper until the onions begin to turn translucent. When they do, dump in the drained jackfruit and lower the heat to medium-low..
- The jackfruit will likely come in large triangular chunks out of the can. Use a wooden spoon to break them apart as best you can. It might put up a fight, but keep at it! They will soften as you cook, but you want the pieces to be as small as possible..
- When the jackfruit is as small as it will go, add the garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika and mix until everything is coated with the seasoning..
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes and then de-glaze with your lime juice. Stir until the strong scent of lime dissapates and then pour in the lager..
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and allow the lager to cook off for about 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally to avoid sticking..
- As it cooks, the jackfruit will become easier and easier to further break apart with the spoon. Once it reaches the general consistency of pulled pork, add the BBQ sauce and mix in until the whole thing resembles a pan full of pulled pork BBQ..
- Allow to cook in the sauce for another 5 minutes or so before removing from the heat and serving on hamburger buns with a dollop of extra BBQ sauce on top..
Warm cilantro-lime rice, saucy bbq jackfruit, crunchy cabbage + romaine, creamy guacamole, and spicy chipotle sauce are tucked into and rolled up in a giant flour tortilla. This is a meal I could eat every day for weeks on end and not tire of. So many flavors, so many textures. This BBQ Jackfruit recipe is the vegan barbecue dish you've been looking for. Green jackfruit is often referred to as the vegetarian's meat.