Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp BAKING POWDER do not use baking soda!!!
- 2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup favorite BBQ sauce for tossing or to taste
- 2 Tbsp favorite hot wing sauce for tossing or to taste
- I prefer Duff’s Wing and Char-B-Q sauces
Preheat oven to 450F.
Pat chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels really well and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle the baking powder all over the drumsticks and toss well to ensure even coverage.
Line a large (15″ x 21″ is ideal) baking sheet with aluminum foil then parchment paper. I use foil strictly to avoid cleaning the baking sheet after baking but you may have a different view on this.
Lay the drumsticks on the baking sheet, spacing them out generously, about 1-2 inches apart.
Place the baking sheet in the oven. Set the oven to 450F convection. Bake the chicken drumsticks for 30-35 minutes, until they are nicely browned and crisp. Baking time may be different for you as different ovens bake differently. Start checking at 25 minutes.
Remove the drumsticks from the oven, place in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, add the Buffalo sauce, toss well and serve immediately while they are hot.