Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipes
FOR THE SHRIMP AND PASTA:
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni — or similar small pasta, such as mini shells (about 2 cups uncooked macaroni)
- 1 pound frozen salad shrimp — thawed and patted dry, or use roughly chopped peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 1 cup diced celery — about 2 stalks
- 1 red bell pepper — cored and cut into a 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup frozen peas — thawed
- 2 green onions — finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice — from about 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt — plus additional to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper — plus additional to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions. Drain in a colander, then rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Shake off as much water as possible. Let the colander with the pasta sit in the sink or on a towel to continue draining while you prepare the rest of the salad.
In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients: Greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, white vinegar, Dijon, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
In a large serving bowl, place the shrimp, celery, bell pepper, peas, green onion, and dill. Shake the pasta once more, then add it to the bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.
If time allows, place the pasta in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour prior to serving. Enjoy directly from the fridge or at room temperature.